Since this week is DC Restaurant Week, I thought wouldn’t it be nice to go to lunch with my sister! We chose M Street Bar and Grill (which is oh so convenient for me since its less than a 3 min walk from my office), and she liked it because you have the full run of their menu — just pick 1 appetizer, 1 main dish, and 1 dessert.
- Hummus (for me) – Olives and Pita Bread
- Vegetarian Quesadilla (for my sister) – Flour Tortilla, Chipotle-Tomato Spread Spinach, Mushroom, Onions, Chickpeas, Mixed Cheese, Guacamole, Sour Cream, Pico De Gallo
- Spinach Salad (for me) – Baby Spinach, Italian Dressing, Roasted Red Peppers,
Bacon, Avocado, Mushrooms, Chickpeas, Roasted Beets, Eggs, Red Onions, Feta Cheese
- Caprese Panini (for my sister) – Melted Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Tomatoes, Basil Pesto Spread, Arugula, Ciabatta Panini + a side of sweet potato fries
The desserts were absolutely divine! While we both couldn’t finish them (though we certainly tried!), they were indeed delicious!
- Kahlua Flan (for me) – Caramel custard with a hint of Kahlua
- Apple Crisp (for my sister) – Drizzled with Caramel Sauce-Vanilla Ice Cream
While the food was so very delicious, the service was very very slow. It took a while for the restaurant staff to even notice before I was seated (which was fine because I was waiting for my sister), but we didn’t get water and menus for a while and then our food took forever to come out. I really only have one hour for lunch, so while I was trying to be relaxed, the slow service kind of impeded on my relaxation. I truly feel that because it is restaurant week, the restaurant should have planned better and perhaps had more servers and cooks working.
M Street Bar and Grill
2033 M Street NW
Washington, DC 20036