Recently I made a recipe that called for “Montreal Steak Seasoning,” but I didn’t have any on hand. So, I had to look up the ingredients, hope I had them and do it on the fly. Not only is it more affordable this way, there isn’t all of the extra preservatives and I can leave out the ingredients I don’t like — win / win! I thought I’d share share the recipe with you:
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp crushed coriander (I leave this out as I am allergic to this and cilantro — or people often substitute dried parsley for cilantro / coriander)
- 1 tbsp dill (I leave this out because I don’t like dill)
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
Photo(s) coming soon. . .
STEP 1 | Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl.
STEP 2 | Feel free to multiply the amounts so you have extra that will last for a while 🙂
STEP 3 | Stir with a spoon so everything is combined well. (Stir carefully so the spices and sugar don’t go everywhere.)
STEP 4 | Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
STEP 5 | When ready to use, rub on steak or shake on ground meat / ground turkey / whatever before grilling / cooking.